The Primrose Craft Fair 2020
What is this?
The Primrose Craft Fair is an experimental virtual craft fair for online handmade businesses. It’s going to be awesome for everyone involved. The craft fair will feature a stunning webpage with all participating shops’ “tables,” which are essentially previews of and links to your individual shops! Primrose intends to encourage sales with digital advertising and a raffle.
How does it work?
Sellers can apply for a table. Tables are the seller’s shop section that lists the shop’s name, tagline, description, 4 product photos, a coupon code, and a direct link. If approved, sellers will pay $35 for their table, generate a coupon code (and URL), and be responsible for reporting purchases with a Google spreadsheet template they’ll receive. This spreadsheet will ONLY be used to pick a raffle winner and to gauge our success together so that we can make the next craft fair even better.
There are no expectations for how much your coupon code must discount. It will be meant for us to better track purchases. Run your table like you want!
Before the event, I will advertise the craft fair on sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to gain potential customers’ email addresses to let them know when the event starts. Advertising will continue during the event, and customers are incentivized to make purchases to get raffle tickets. The more they buy, the more tickets they get!
All shop participants will have access to advertising material to promote the event to their customer base. The advertising material includes graphics for social media and email marketing. I’ve already got it handled.
When does it start?
The festivities begin on Black Friday weekend!
The raffle is for a $50 Etsy gift card. To get a ticket, customers must make a purchase $10 purchase in one of our participating shops. Customers can earn more than one ticket. For example, if you spend $30, you’ll get three tickets. I will run a program to choose the winner randomly, but the more tickets a customer has, the better their odds.
To get a table, you must apply with the SUPER-SIMPLE form below. If approved, I will need you to:
- Pay the table fee (currently set at $35)
- Create a coupon code and send us a shop URL link
- Send product photos, your shop tagline, description, and name
- Report the amount of $10 or more purchases (no need to say how much you made) by a specific deadline (to be determined). You will receive a Google Spreadsheet template you can copy, fill out, and send back to me. Remember, this spreadsheet is ONLY for the purpose of picking the raffle winner and improving the next fair!
- You’ll be encouraged to promote the event to your social media and email marketing platforms, but it is not required.
One last thing I should mention…
Your shop does NOT have to be an Etsy shop! Just as long as it has an online presence, I will consider it!